4 Things You MUST Have To Study In Canada

Whether you are in the planning stages of coming to study in Canada, or you are already accepted into a college or university, it’s never too early to start thinking about and checking off these six necessities for starting as an international student in Canada.

See the 6 things below:

1. Your International Passport An international passport is essential to travel internationally.

If you don’t have a passport, apply to get one now because you need it to get admission. If you do have a passport, check the expiry date: you cannot travel internationally if your passport expires in six months or less, so if you will have less than 6 months by the time you will travel, please renew your passport If you have other official government identification from your home country, you should also bring it or a photocopy of it.

This can include:

• Valid driver’s license (and a letter from your licencing office)

• Birth certificate Once you arrive in Canada, you are responsible for making sure your passport is up-to-date. If you need to extend or renew your passport while in Canada, you will need to contact your country’s consulate or embassy.  

• Tip: In case of loss, it is a good idea to photocopy (or scan) your important travel documents and keep the copies in a different spot from your original documents.

2. A letter of acceptance (LOA)

If you have been accepted into a designated Canadian post-secondary institution, you will have received a letter of acceptance. A letter of acceptance may also be called an offer letter or an acceptance letter. You will be required to provide your letter of acceptance to obtain a study permit. Some letters of acceptance are conditional. This means that they have special requirements that the applicant must follow before they can begin their main program of study.

A common condition is completing English as a Second Language (ESL) or sending your official transcript to the school.

3. A financial plan

To obtain a study permit, you have to produce evidence that you will be able to fund yourself, including both in your tuition costs and additional living costs properly. This is called proof of financial support or a proof of funds.

Canada requires all international students to prove minimum funds of $10,000 CAD per year, or $833 CAD per month, with additional financial requirements if you are bringing family members with you. In the province of Quebec, you must have $11,000 CAD per year.

There are a few ways to provide proof of financial support:

• Proof of a bank account in your name, your spouse or your sponsor.

• Proof of a student or education loan from a bank

• Your bank statements for the past six months

• Proof showing that you’ve paid all or part of your first term/year’s tuition

• Proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian funded educational program

4. A proven system to get your study visa approved

Even more important, you need a proven system that would help you to get your admission and study visa without running into hitches.

Getting a study visa at Canada is much more different than all other countries, and without proper guidance and a proven system, you may be refused study visa even if you get a letter of admission. And a lot of people can testify to this!

There is a proven system that can help you not only get admission easily but more importantly, help you get your study visa without having to apply 2 or 3 times, wasting time and money.

You can see more details about this proven system and hear from other people like you who have also used this system successfully in the past.

The creator of this system used it to get herself and her family to Canada as well.

Please find attached a link that shows you this simple system that can show you how you too can use the ‘no hassle’ system to get to Canada in the nearest future.

Wishing you all the best